Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Back to Work

I’ve taken a few weeks off writing to focus on all the mundane things that inevitably pile up when I’m in that desperate final push to get a manuscript in on deadline. I’ve cleaned my office—routine after every book. I’ve tackled my garden, which has been so woefully neglected since Katrina. Since Danielle was home for Thanksgiving, we spent some a few days decorating the house for Yule Time, although the mammoth undertaking that is the tree will have to wait until she comes home at the end of the semester. I was hoping to paint the newly installed trim in my office and get more done on the garden, but it didn’t happen. Monday I took a deep breath, hauled out my editorial letter and WHERE SERPENTS SLEEP, and set to work on the revisions.

Some are easier then I’d anticipated, but others are keeping me awake at night wondering how the devil I’m going to work in that extra scene or necessary bit of explanation. I’m anxious to get this book truly finished, anxious to move ahead with the proposal for Book Number Five, tentatively entitled WHAT HELL MARKS. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, and the next book will always turn out better.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I always have to clean up office after every major project too. And at school clean it up after the semester. Amazing how much mess I can generate.

Steve Malley said...

'The next book is always better...'

The Tiny Dynamo often chides me for my ceaseless impatience for the next project. She calls it ADD.

I prefer the phrase, 'restless soul, searching and yearning for new horizons'. It sounds more windswept and interesting...

Elaine said...

Is there a projected publication date for Where Serpents Sleep? I started and finished Why Mermaids Sing last night and cannot wait for the next one.

Mr Abdullah Ibrahim said...

100% safe with us We Offer all types of Finance loans for immediate respond application
We provide personal loans Business Loans for debt consolidation, bad credit loans, unsecured loans, loans for bad credit and instant secured loans with cheap rates Do you have a firm or company that need loan to start up a business or need, personal loan, Debt consolidation? We will
provide you with loan to meet your needs.
Note: We offer the following loans to individuals-
*Commercial Loans.
*Personal Loans.
*Business Loans.
*Investments Loans.
*Development Loans.
*Acquisition Loans .
*Construction loans.
*Business Loans And many More:
and many more at 2% interest rate. For more information contact us. Email: email: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
whatspp Number +918929490461
Mr Abdullah Ibrahim